Thursday, December 22, 2011

How to Deliver a Speech that Gets a Standing Ovation

From the link: http://www.inc.com/how-to-deliver-a-speech-that-gets-a-standing-ovation.html?nav=next

  1. Get personal. 
  2. Tell jokes. 
  3. Talk to your audience. 
  4. Act as if each attendee is the only one.
  5. Forget notes, visuals or a PowerPoint presentation. 
  6. End on a high note. 
 Here are MacDonald's pearls of wisdom you would have written down if you were there:
  • "Nobody got to a big business without starting small."
  • "Always pay your supplier even if you have no money to pay yourself."
  • "I made a lot of mistakes, but I never made the same mistake twice."
  • "Surround yourself with smart people."
  • "I love hiring the best and paying them more than the market."
  • "I never ask others to do something I'm not prepared to do myself."
  • "If I can do it, everyone can do it."
  • "I thought $1 million was a lot, $10 million was a lot, $100 million was a lot, $1 billion was a lot. Now I want to shoot for $10 billion."

No comments: