How to network during the MBA:
- Be friendly to everyone, because they will likely have important connections that you will not know about.
- Keep extra business cards in your purse/wallet at all times.
- Don’t be afraid to introduce yourself to eminent people in your field. A simple introduction can lead to a multitude of new opportunities.
- Join LinkedIn and create a professional profile for yourself.
- Clean-up your Facebook page to present a more professional image.
- Attend networking events and make a point to speak to people you don’t know.
- Be on the lookout for opportunities for your friends and colleagues. It’s good for business karma.
- Don’t be stingy with your friendships. Be open-minded and willing to meet new people for coffees and lunches.