7 habits of unsuccessful CEOs, executives & leaders
- They see themselves and their companies as dominating their business environment. (Warning sign: Lack of respect)
- They identify so completely with the company that there is no clear boundary between their personal interests and their corporation’s interests (Using company to carry out personal ambition)
- They think they have all the answers (Do not accept other view points. Leader without followers)
- They ruthlessly eliminate anyone who isn’t completely behind them (You are either with me or against me)
- They are consummate spokespersons, obsessed with the company image (Warning: Blatant attention seeking). Instead of treating their financial accounts as a control tool, they treat them as a public-relations tool.
- They underestimate obstacles (Warning: Excessive Hype)
- They stubbornly rely on what worked for them in the past. They stop innovating & adapting (Warning sign: Constantly referring to what worked in the past)