About ERP: (Source: Wikipedia)
Enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems integrate internal and external management information across an entire organization, embracing finance/accounting, manufacturing, sales and service, customer relationship management, etc. ERP systems automate this activity with an integrated software application. Their purpose is to facilitate the flow of information between all business functions inside the boundaries of the organization and manage the connections to outside stakeholders.
ERP systems can run on a variety of hardware and network configurations, typically employing a database as a repository for information.
When do you need ERP control help?
- Implementing an ERP solution for the first time
- Encountering compliance issues with regulatory bodies
- Using controls that are very manual in nature and time-consuming to assess and enforce
- Merging with or acquiring another business and need to integrate its systems and processes into your own
- Converting to new standards, such as International Financial Reporting Standards