MBA knowledge is NEVER-ending ! There is so much to learn yet ! There is constant inflow of new information everyday. Enjoying this thoroughly, though.
Some quick thoughts:
- Metrics are playing a huge role now - everything has to be measurable
- Demonstration of work done, measurement of achievements means more than just general talk
- Metrics have entered EVERY field of business. Even Marketing, which seemed to be a field run on emotions and charisma, is now heavily dependent on Metrics!
- Leadership, which was thought to be dependent on charisma is now number dependent. It has been proven that charisma has nothing to do with success of CEOs
- In one word, if you can not understand numbers, you CAN NOT be / become a good leader.
- It is a pity that so many of our political leaders are numerically illiterate. It is not enough to be educated and hold a degree.
- It is necessary for leaders of ALL kinds to generate, research, understand, analyze, represent and communicate numbers !!!