- Tweet about the contest to get votes from Twitter.
- Put blog links on my blog. Since this blog gets a traffic of about 200 per day, some of the traffic converts to votes.
- I made a YouTube video about the contest.
- I posted about the contest on Facebook and asked my friends from all over the world to vote for me and ask their families to vote for me as well.
- I posted on LinkedIn and asked my contacts to vote for me.
- I asked everyone I met on the streets to vote for me.
- I asked all my classmates to vote for me in the Business School.
- I asked everyone in the University to vote for me.
- I asked all my school mates all over the world to vote for me.And they asked their friends!
- Some of the people whom I have mentored for MBA voted for me and asked all their friends to vote for me.
- The power of Social Media is amazing. I have no way of telling the details. I am sure that there is an Analytics software with eCF that can analyze the trends of voting.
- But this was good to take part in and promote.
- Who knows, this may be a start of something. I may run for some public office in the future, if destiny takes me there!
(1 to 22) Top MBA Blogs Nominees
- Cleantech Venture Capital and Entrepreneurship
- College 2.0
- Darden Global MBA for Executives Blog
- Fortune 800: Our Journey to an MBA
- Gabriel's Scarcity Rent
- Gerry Som
- Global Voices of Darden
- Grounds Management
- Let's Get Operating
- Marquis Parker's Truth and Wisdom Blog
- Master Admissions
- mbaMission MBA Admissions Blog
- Mistakes, Lessons, MBA, and more...
- My Study Plan
- Queen's MBA: Going the Distance
- Robert Salomon
- Roll Away the Dew
- Seeing Both Sides
- The Fuqua Experience
But the most hilarious paragraph and perhaps one that I can connect with the most is this one below by Nick of http://www.mbaaim.com/ What does Nick say, when it comes to the advice the blogger can offer to students aiming to improve their chances of being accepted into an MBA program?? Nick says: "Delete your Facebook account, throw away your TV, and go to study. When you are reading this message your competitor read the textbook. Who will be admitted?"
OMG, when I read this, I laughed so hard! Ha Ha Ha !!! Not only is this hilarious, this is also kinda true :) It is amazing how 2 bloggers from 2 different parts of the world think so similarly! Yup, some of us bloggers are Nerds. But, hey, this is who we are :)