(Please read full article from the link above)
When you're reaching out to your network to help you find a job, the last thing you want to do is annoy your contacts. Before you make that next call or send that next email, make sure you're not committing any of these 10 cardinal sins of networking:
- Making it all about you.
- Not forming real relationships.
- Acting entitled to someone's time or access to their connections.
- Not thinking about what the other person wants.
- Misappropriating someone else's contacts for yourself.
- Offering help and then disappearing.
- Not saying thank you.
- Not following up.
- Not networking.