Wednesday, September 26, 2012

"Audaci Favet Fortuna" : "Fortune favours the bold"

Not a tattoo person. Will probably never get a tattoo. But I did feel like getting inked today with these words: "Audaci Favet Fortuna" : "Fortune favours the bold".
During this part of the MBA, when you have completed / almost completed all the formalities of the program, and looking are for a job, it can be a real pain in the butt for some people / at some time. 

Today was not such a great day, for me, w.r.t. the job hunt. People I thought I could depend on, acted funny. But I know my worth, and I will find my rightful place under the sun! Fortune favours the bold, and if there is one thing that has always worked for me, it is this - I am bold.

Here is my personal take w.r.t job hunting: Each candidate is different. Each student has a different set of positives and negatives. What one person does will not work for another. For some MBA candidates, the choice is clear, but for some, it is not (based on individual situations). So there is no one-size-fits-all approach. 

For me, personally, I am interested in General Management, as a General MBA. I want to remain a GENERALIST BY CHOICE, not as an alternative or a result of inability to specialize. I want to be a GENERALIST BUSINESS PRACTITIONER. 

To each, his own. I will keep trying to find my destiny and destination... 

Cheers!
Gerry.  

No comments: