Here are some interesting thoughts about creating big businesses by thinking small.
- Ride the horse in the direction that it is running. What is working? Make it better...
- Where is the customer's pain? Solve that pain
- Who needs this? You will (if only you know how useful it will be). Create demand in new segments
- If it ain't broke, break it yourself. This is basically kicking the old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" on its arse. Basically, industry disruption may be essential for progress.
- Look left and right before you cross. Pay attention to adjacent markets.