- Who was Robert McNamara? No idea? Uh-oh ! That is not cool :)
- Why should MBAs know about Robert McNamara? That is because he was a very intelligent man. He was an MBA himself - class of 1939, Harvard University! How cool is that?!
- Info about him: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_McNamara
- Empathize with your enemy
- Rationality will not save us
- There's something beyond oneself
- Maximize efficiency
- Proportionality should be a guideline in war
- Get the data
- Belief and seeing are both often wrong
- Be prepared to reexamine your reasoning
- In order to do good, you may have to engage in evil
- Never say never
- You can't change human nature.