From the link: http://thenextweb.com/insider/2013/05/05/the-actual-difference-between-growth-hacking-and-marketing-explained/
(Please do read the complete article from the link above. It is an awesome article !!!)
A growth hacker really is just a marketer, but one with a different set of challenges to tackle and tools to work with. There are a few key differences between startups and big companies (for simplicity’s sake, I’ll call them “corporations”) that best explain the difference:
- Startups are organizations with extreme uncertainty.
- Startups are designed for astronomical growth.
- Startups don’t have access to the same resources or brand equity.
- Viral Acquisition
- Paid Acquisition
- Call Centers / Sales Teams
- Content Marketing
- E-mail Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- A/B testing and Analytics