Wednesday, May 11, 2011

May start or September start? Which is better for students with non-commerce background?

Students WITH a commerce or a business undergraduate background have the option of starting the program in September of the year.

For students WITHOUT such a background , it is better to start the course in May of the year, rather than in September. Those who start in September have to go through a jumbled sequence, where some foundation courses are saved for later.

In my view, it is better to start with the Foundation subjects first and then, head towards the other subjects, for the sake of clarity and better understanding of the subjects.

In my case, I did start in September, 2010 since I applied quite late, in the last week of July 2010. If it was possible for me, I should have started in May 2010. Personally, I do not think it is fun for students to study the advanced subjects first and later on return to study the Foundation courses after 2 terms. Studying Business Strategy is more fun & easy after having studied Accounting, Economics, Marketing and Finance first. And perhaps Statistics too.

No comments: