From the link: http://www.ey.com/CA/en/Careers/Students/Applying-to-Ernst---Young/Five-tips-for-a-top-application
- Research the company: Explore the website beyond the career section. Familiarize yourself with the service lines and sectors. Read about thought leadership pieces and press announcements. Think about which career path you would like to follow. Be prepared to articulate why you want to work for that company.
- Answer every question: When writing your application, make sure you fill out every section. This shows us you’re thorough and willing to address challenging topics as well as more straightforward ones.
- Include work experience: Share information about any part-time job you’ve held, any extra-curricular activities you’ve participated in or any volunteer work you’ve undertaken. These experiences show us you can take initiative and handle responsibility.
- Check your spelling and grammar: Use a spell check or, if possible, get someone else to proofread your application. Accurate spelling and grammar show that you pay attention to detail and take pride in your work.
- Keep a copy of your application: Be prepared to talk about the answers you provided as we’ll probably refer to your application form during the interview process. Reviewing your responses should be part of your interview preparation.