Friday, January 6, 2012

How Your OSAP Funding is Released

A sample depicton. Confirm your OSAP account online :)

(For Students Studying In Canada)

Before any of your funding can be released, your Confirmation of Enrolment form must be completed. This form will be available from your financial aid office at the beginning of your study period, after you have enrolled in and started classes.

When you go to the financial aid office to pick up your funding, you must:

provide proof of registration;
present two forms of identification:
One piece of valid photo ID issued in Canada by the federal or a provincial or territorial government (a legible photocopy is acceptable). Examples of acceptable ID are: a valid driver’s license, passport, provincial health card with photo, permanent residency or citizenship card, etc.
One document proving that the Social Insurance Number on your loan or grant authorization document is your own. For example, you may present your Social Insurance Number card (a legible photocopy is acceptable) or an official Government of Canada document that indicates your Social Insurance Number (e.g., a Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment, a Canada Pension Plan Statement of Contributions, or a Confirmation of Social Insurance Number from Service Canada)

The combination of these two pieces of identification must include your photo, your name, your address and your Social Insurance Number.

A note will be made of the documents that you presented and whether the identification was consistent with the information on your application. These documents may not be recorded or copied.

After the above documents are reviewed and approved, you and your financial aid office can then complete your Confirmation of Enrolment form. Once that is done, the financial aid office releases your funding.

Note: Your funding certificate must be negotiated within 30 days of the date on which your institution signs it. If your institution signs the funding certificate in the last month of your study period, you must negotiate it by the end of that month.

No comments: