These are gospel for MBAs. Richard Branson is the only entrepreneur to build 8 industries in 8 sectors that are worth more than a billion dollar each!
- Don't do it if you don't enjoy it.
- Be visible.
- Choose your name wisely.
- You can't run a business without taking risks.
- The first impression is everything. So is the second.
- Perfection is unattainable.
- The customer is always right / most of the time.
- Define your brand.
- Explore uncharted territory.
- Beware the "us vs. them" environment.
- Build a corporate comfort zone.
- Not everyone is suited to be CEO.
- Seek a second opinion. Seek a third.
- Cut ties without burning bridges.
- Pick up the phone
- Change shouldn't be feared, but it should be managed.
- When it comes to making mistakes, bounce back, don’t fall down.
- Be a leader, not a boss.