Marketing Strategies applied here:
- Good choice of tune (catchy, already popular)
- No drastic alteration of original tune
- Keeping the same singer - no new singer
- Use of minimal instrumentation - so not to tamper with original feel
- Use of background dancers
- Target audience: Fish lovers and song lovers worldwide, South Asian community worldwide, UK community, YouTube addicts, Social Media trolls, Advertising parasites who use others' videos to generate reveue via Google (yes, pirating can create revenue too, by free advertisement of original work)
- Use of YouTube advertising (Adsense) to generate revenue (low margin in very high volume)
- Use of iTunes sales online to generate revenue (low margin x high volume)
- Use of free press release to circulate story
- Good timing - pre-Christmas, for maximum impact
- Leveraging of Social Media (Look at me, I am blogging about it / sharing it, ain't I?)
- I rate it 8/10 to 9/10. It could have been done better, but it is good enough.
- Good job. We need more original content, guys. In a world where there is a lot of copying from each other, it is refreshing to see some original work.